One of the problems with the intarweb is that whatever grand ideas you may have in the shower, by the time you actually sit down at a computer and try to write it up, you’ve turned into this weird sort of mindless, incapacitated consumer person. For instance, here are some of the glorious things I’ve waded through instead of coming up with something funny.
- Alice’s adventures in wonderland — When you’ve settled on being illiterate, the possibilities are limitless!
- Ha Ha Ha America — An extremely eye-opening look at why China is so awesome.
- Jake the Nazi: A memoir — Freakin’ hilarious. But not for the squeamish.
- Gay genes from moms — This is the kind of extreme research that distracts scientists while China heads toward world domination.
- Not an episode of the OC: My coke addiction — Sometimes, it perks me up to know how much worse life can be. Definitely not for the squeamish.
- Why Merom is so much cooler than Yonah — Or why one can never really be happy with a laptop purchase.
I also spent some time fetching the new Ubuntu live CD, Dapper Drake, and trying it out (my first or second time at giving it a spin, ever). While it’s quite polished, it’s very orange, and the fonts are fucked up. Only Red Hat/Fedora gets beautiful font rendering and selection right out of the box.
So, what were you browsing instead of working today? I really am curious.