– I wasn’t kidding when I said this place has absolutely nothing. I walked around for 3.5 hours yesterday and didn’t come up with one photo op. You could say I am blind, but I seriously doubt that.
– More male-female difference observations. I was at this one session for most of the morning where they were dealing with continuum thermodynamical descriptions of tissue development and related computational methods (the sort of things that put food on my table). It was actually relatively crowded, but there wasn’t a single woman in the audience. Not until the last talk anyway, where this person spoke about how aging (and gravity) affects (sagging of) facial muscles and related it to how they could deterministically come up with good and lasting plastic surgery procedures (to remove wrinkles, say).
What to make of that, I don’t know.
– I need to buy one of these massaging shower heads for my home. My goodness they’re soothing.
– I’ve been thinking a lot about my next potential camera for a while now. But I just implicitly assumed since my current camera has made me very lazy (since it’s quite easy to take decent pictures), I wouldn’t want part easily with it. But it dawned on me just 12 minutes ago that I probably am not as attached to it as much as I was a while ago. I just gave it away, and it’ll end up with someone I don’t even know to take some pictures of some event thingy tomorrow.
But then again, that could also be because this place isn’t particularly happening when it comes to things to see and photograph.
– I give my talk early tomorrow morning. I better prepare some slides or something. I’ve been told that my previous favourite colour combination involved a certain red that 15% of males are colour blind to, so that’s another thing I need to remember.